This time my colourboration with blogger Lynne at Dovegreyreader draws on inspiration from stones. In our travels we come across no end of stones, from pebbly beaches to rocky mountains, from elaborately stone-carved cathedral frontages to the tumbledown ruins of homes from aeons ago. We have seen mountains torn apart in pursuit of stone, and we have seen the stones that mark a person’s passing. So many stone images from landscapes to works of art to practical uses – the collage above offers just a very few images from our recent travels. They are:
1. Stalagtite formations in the cave at Paklenica National Park, Croatia – stone being formed.
2. Lion carving, Sibenik Cathedral, Croatia
3. Ancient script, Butrint, Albania
4. Wall, Hvar, Croatia
5. Wherevertheroadgoes, the stony rocky road to Theth, Albania
6. Found art, we came across three stones placed like this in a row on a park bench in Zagreb, Croatia – see image below.
7. Marko’s stone-carved letters, Ljubliana, Slovenia
8. Stone shelter, Hvar, Croatia
Now over to Lynne to see how stones have inspired her.